Applications of this fuel conductivity meter
This digital Fuel Conductivity Meter provides a measurement of electrical
conductivity of fluids in conductivity units (CU), which are defined as
picosiemens per meter in ASTM D 2624. The rugged Electro/mechanical design
facilitates ease of use for both laboratory and field applications.
Initially the meter was designed and developed for safety reasons to measure the
electrical conductivity of hydrocarbon fuels, particularly jet fuels.
Subsequently, the meter was modified with other conductivity ranges to
accommodate measurement of a variety of fluids for different applications
Process Controls – In addition to safety reasons,
electrical conductivity of fluids can be monitored
for process control. Proper addition and mixing of
various ingredients can be monitored at different
stages of production. These applications are not
limited to hydrocarbons, but have been expanded
to other products; such as paints, solvents, inks,
and other non-organic items. The stainless steel
probe is relatively unaffected by most acidic and
Theory of Operation – This fuel conductivity
meter consists of an electronics assemble and a
detachable stainless steel probe. The probe, which is
similar to a capacitor having concentric electrodes, is
immersed into the fluid, up to the set of holes closet to the electronics
Depressing the “M” pushbutton causes a relatively small direct current to flow
through the fluid between the electrodes. The
current is amplified in the electronics assembly and is
displayed on the liquid crystal display in picosiemens
per meter (pS/m).
Customers who inquired about this meter also
inquired about the products below:
- Millipore Membranes Kit.
- Hydrometer for Jet Fuel.
-ThermoHydrometer for Jet Fuel.
- Microbial contamination test.
- API Gravity and Density Calculator.
- Jet fuel color rating chart – Color rating Guide in accordance with ASTM D2276
-One Gallon epoxy coated sampling can ( black)
-Carton to ship one gallon epoxy coated sampling can ( black)
- 1 liter sample can.
- Shell Water Detector. Kit of 80 tests.
- Hydrokit. HK-25-15.
(ASTM Standard Test Method D 2624)
* Continuous standard electrical conductivity range from 0 to 1999 in
increments of 1 picosiemen per meter (pS/m)
* Available in other standard and non-standard conductivity ranges
* Large digital, liquid crystal display
* Reliable advanced integrated circuit design technology
* Self check calibration with field adjustment capability
* Automatic over range and low battery indication
* Capable of storage tank and tanker truck measurement with the use of a
short cable or cable reel kit
* Powered by 3 readily available alkaline batteries
* Electronics housed in a rugged cast aluminum case coated with solvent
resistant paint equipped
with a detachable stainless steel probe
* Approved intrinsically safe design for use in hazardous environments by
(UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and LCIE
Range: 0 – 1999 pS/m
Resolution: 1 pS/m
Accuracy: 2% of reading ± 1 pS/m
Indicator: “1” on left side of display
Calibration: Internal source, field adj.
Controls: 2 Pushbuttons, “M” (measure)
& “C” (calibration)
Display: Liquid crystal, 3 ½ digits,
½ inch (.27 cm) high
Ground: Banana jack on electronics assy.
Power: Battery, 3 each, 6 volt alkaline
Range: 32° to 165° F (0° to 75° C)
Case: Hard, solvent resistant molded plastic